Monday, May 03, 2010

More To Come


Hello everyone!

I finally have a moment to really sit down and write a blog. I've been swamped with a lot of things lately. I'm happy to have a nice, relaxed month ahead of me.

First off, I want to thank everyone who came out to the Joe's Pub shows on the 21st of April. It was pretty crazy putting the whole thing together and a lot more hectic than my last gig...but ultimately it was all worth it. The 7:00 pm show was solid and the 11:30 show ended up being a lot of fun and much more relaxed. We cut a couple of songs which allowed some time for me to speak a bit more and play around a bit. It was a great success overall and I was really happy with the outcome. I am definitely looking forward to the next part of the process which is simply turning the concept that was introduced that night into an actual album. SIMPLE! Right!? Well...not so simple...but possible none-the-less. In the next month, we will begin to approach investors and hopefully make it all happen this year.

Life remains exciting right now. I'm looking forward to the summer and looking forward to whatever project I may end up in next. Things change daily in this business. No one could predict this theatre season and no one can really predict next season either. That being said, I do think we will see more original work next year. It's no secret it was a lackluster year for the "new musical." Aside from a couple new hits that came in, there was very little original work that hit broadway. It was a rather conservative year. This usually means that the season that follows will have a lot of interesting new pieces. I'm looking forward to this.

I start my (very exciting) reading very soon. I can't wait. I doubt there will be a press release on it at this point. If there is, I will post about it here. I'm getting butterflies thinking about it all. I have never wanted a project more than this one. It's going to be a real joy...even if it only lasts a week.

Now...it's time to REALLY talk about Feinstein's on the 26th of July.

The show is actually happening and I can really focus on it now. The most important thing I can say about it is that it's quite an honor.

I'm going to be working on a jazzier, more eclectic sound. Everything will come a bit more full circle for this show. I will have a couple contemporary soul songs and new musical theatre pieces, but I want the feel of the show to be more appropriate for this wonderful venue. I want to rearrange some rocks songs and really explore a more Cole Porter driven universe. I want to do several standards in a contemporary way. I also I have a lot of quirky ideas such as taking "Mr. Brightside" and completely rearranging it...or perhaps even exploring "Bleeding Love" with a unique perspective. I hope to be joined by some very talented friends of mine. I will most likely be debuting some original work as well.

I really think it's going to be a fantastic show and am already enjoying the process of putting it together. It may be a few months off, but buy your tickets! I will start promoting the crap out of it from here on out!

I'm sure I will be announcing guests and more material soon! In the meantime, you can purchase tickets on my rather lackluster page here

There will be much more to come on all of that!

8 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Rozzie said...

Does one have to be a certain age to attend this lovely event? :)

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bought tickets! I've seen you in SA and BBB but have never been able to attend a concert. Can't wait! :D

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Katie said...

you make my day so much better when you write in your blog. thank you!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

So would this "original work" be YOUR original work or other people's original work? I'm pretty excited for this concert! Sounds like fun!

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Johanna said...

I really hope the CD will happen. And I hope you Feinsteins concert is recorded and posted on youtube. It's the only way I can see it also. Very exicited about the original work ^.^

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Allison M said...

This sounds great, but what's with the mandatory food/drink minimum? Makes these tickets a little pricey...

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Megan Eames said...

If anyone needs a ticket, I have an extra that I can't use - $35, general admission - feel free to email megsig@bu.edu if you are interested!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger LaneKentLC said...

I'm heartbroken I just found out about this today and already have tickets to see Hamlet in Brooklyn tonight. I just signed up to follow your blog so I won't miss performances like this again! Have lots of fun tonight!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home