Monday, August 27, 2007

Travel day from hell...


Okay...so I've been through a bit of an ordeal today. I missed my flight and got stranded in LA. Words cannot express the stress I experienced this morning...especially since I had a show to catch tonight...that ship has sailed. Ugh!

However, I'm not going to let the end of my experience here in LA sour everything else. Today may have been a day of utter shit but that's hardly reflective on what the rest of the trip has been for me.

This project will most definitely be one of the most important pieces of work I will ever do. Period. I believe so strongly in the material and it's message. This is an incredible project with incredible people involved. I loved every second of the experience that I had this past weekend.

I have heard plenty of rough takes of the music and the other performers involved...it's going to be incredible. There is so much heart and soul in every singer involved. I've said it before but I will say it again: this has all been an incredible gift.

I'm excited to get back to work...but I KNOW that these 4 days away from Spring Awakening were good for me. It cleared my head, gave me perspective, and got me believing in the important things again.

I'm still furious about this plane situation though...don't ever fly out of Burbank. If you miss your flight like an idiot (like me), there aren't many options...or other flights. Gahhhh.

More soon

Matt

4 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

soooo sorry you had to go through that. my partner and I flew out of Burbank just a couple weeks ago - great little airport if all goes well, but we had a 3 hour flight delay ourselves. No other planes, and nothing to do but finish Harry Potter. Nothing more stressful than having to be someplace you simply can't be, but hope you're now home safe and sound. Glad to hear everything went so well this weekend -- ultimately, that's the part of the last several days you'll remember :)

WELCOME HOME!!!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger SternReviews said...

who is ohsnap lol? that last post was from moi.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Matt! That stinks, sorry that you had to go through all that crap! But I was wondering what your favorite candy is? I know that's random, but I'm coming to SA on Oct. 4 (evening)and I want to bring you some candy!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger scismic said...

You are totally right. Bare is such an amazing musical and I wish there still was a way to buy the album in cd-form.I love it from the bottom of my heart, and I have told all of my friends about it, and they are hooked as well!
You have such an amazing talent and you are so lucky to live the life you do. Hope you know that, because not everyone can. I mean, I am sure I'm not the only one wishing it was me living it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home