Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bare


So my big news can finally be announced. Some of you may already know, but for those of you who don't, I am going to playing the role of Peter on the Official Studio Recording of Bare: A Pop Opera.

From the website:

"After being performed to sold-out audiences in Los Angeles and New York, the complete 2-disc studio album of the hit musical has arrived. Producers Deborah Lurie & Casey Stone have worked with composer Damon Intrabartolo and lyricist Jon Hartmere to make this definitive recording available for purchase Sept. 25, 2007."

Recording this incredible music is an absolute dream. The score is truly one of the most remarkable scores I have ever heard and the lyrics are a vocal performer's dream. I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of this production. Oddly enough, I was discovered for it the on the day that I went on for Melchior in Spring Awakening.

Will keep you all updated on how the project is going. I will be out in LA from the 23rd to the 26th for some recording sessions.

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Mary said...

So *that's* the big news. Congrats and can't wait to get it!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger grrrace said...

that's amazing! i was worried that you were leaving spring awakening or something, but i still haven't seen you play melchior so you can't!!

anyway, congratulations - i love bare and i can't wait to get the recording! :D

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Congratulations! I adore Bare and have been waiting for this cd for a really long time, so..congratulations and I can't wait. (And, um, Role of a Lifetime is one of my favorite songs ever, can't wait to hear your take on it.)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Joey Patrick said...

Wow, that is amazing! "Role of a Lifetime" is one of the new songs my voice teacher gave me and I adore it. This is such a great opportunity for you. Can't wait for the studio recordings.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I will keep my ears to the ground. Looking forward to the release... Will it be disc only or will it be downloadable on iTunes?

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Matt! Looking forward to the final product when it comes out- wonderful piece of theatre preserved for years to come. Hope the process of recording is more than wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home