Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tony Week



I don't even know how to describe how floored I am that I am involved with the Tony Awards this year. The mix of emotions I am feeling right now...it's incredible. To think that I was dropped into this cast a few months ago, and now have the honor of joining them the night of June 10th, is all a bit much.

The stress everyone in our cast is feeling right now is overwhelming...but...in a weird way, it's good stress. We're all extremely excited. This will be an interesting week to get through. Emotions are high and anticipation is driving everyone a bit nuts. I think it's a very fortunate thing that this cast is such a tight-knit family. It would be very difficult to get through this week without supporting each other the way we do.

In other news, I was recently cast as Hugo in an upcoming reading of Bye Bye Birdie that Roundabout Theatre Company is doing...But more on that as the reading draws closer...right now...It's just one day at a time.

We're entering the final push. We have only 8 more performances until the tony awards are announced in front of us at the Radio City Music Hall. It's simply baffling to think about.

9 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Fabulous! Enjoy every minute of the experience! You deserve it. And tell us everything that happens tomorrow. It will be fun to hear all about it.

All my best,
Ruth

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lisa Wunderman Christensen said...

Matt - words cannot describe how happy we all are for you. Ali and Michael will be in New York the week of July 24-29 specifically to see you. Please let us know what day you are on stage so I can purchase tickets for them. Have a great night tonight. (Marilyn by the way was just thrilled to see you when she was in town)
Lisa Wunderman

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Brenda Bercun said...

Dear Matt,

I am so excited for you. I told you when you signed the vocal agreement with me that someday I was going to say that you were in my living room.

I was just in NY. If I knew you were Spring Awakening I would have come to see you. I heard you were in the cast for Ave Q and went to see that. Next time.

Congratulations!!! You deserve it all!

Best Wishes,
Brenda Bercun

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Claire Branch said...

Matt,

well at least one of us from Redwood has become indredibly successful, and im proud that its you. I seriously sat in front of the TV tonight watching the tony's and screamed (i kid you not) "MATT DOYLE IS IN THIS! I DID MARILYN IZDEBSKI WITH HIM!" Congradulations Matt, just dont forget those of us who knew you when you were just another normal guy.

Claire Branch

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Matt, When the camera panned over the stage at the end of the show, there you were smiling out at the audience! What a great experience you must have had. I look forward to reading what you say about it. Give my regards to your parents from me. They must be very proud!

Love,
Ruth

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Hi Matt,

In case you haven't yet seen, on this webpage:
http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/
news/galleries/index.html
Under Rehearsals >in Rehearsals #1, the sixth picture ("totally prepped") -- there you are on the left.

Ruth

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Pen said...

Congrats Matty! So proud of you and being part of such an amazing cast. Yay!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Joey Patrick said...

Congratulations on all your success and I most definitely saw you when I was watching the broadcast! The performance was so awesome too. By the way, how long were you in San Francisco...did you ever work with A.C.T? I just feel like you look so familiar...

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger restlessheart said...

hurry up & tell us about the post-tony madness! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home