Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Leaving!


Tonight I hop on a plane to LA for the studio recording of bare: A Pop Opera.

I am beyond excited, but very sad to be missing the last day of several performers in our cast. However, tonight I had the fortune of going on with Gideon, Robi, and Rob...who will all be leaving our cast on Saturday. I played Otto tonight and Rob and Robi were on for ensemble. It was nice to have tonight with them, I respect them all so much and value what I've learned from each of them.

It's kind of the end of an era! I cannot believe that I have already been with the cast for 5 months, but I feel so fortunate that I have had the opportunity to work with the original cast members for so long. It was an honor to come in as an added cast member.

I'll be back in on monday, taking over the "Stage left Chair of Rock" (as our stage managers affectionately call it). I have known about this for quite sometime and I'm flattered that I have recieved so many excited emails from fans about this recently! I didn't know it had been such a secret!

I am extremely excited about the work I'll be doing over the next few days. I'm sure it's all going to be a total blur! I'll be in the studio in about 15 hours...and I'm still in New York!

I cannot believe that I'll be missing 4 performaces. That's a very strange thing for me. I get nervous on mondays when we don't have to be at the theatre until 7:00. I always feel like I should be doing something...so being on another coast is going to be strange. I'll keep updates throughout the process if I have access to my computer much.

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger EndingBloom said...

Hey, Matt! I was hanging around the stage door with a few of my friends waiting for someone and we shared some kind of awkward half-smile thing. Don't you love those? But kudos on missing the crazed fan girls who stopped each cast member as they were returning. =)

Anyway, I saw yesterday's matinee and then found out that you were playing as Otto during the evening performance; I was bummed, but I'm always glad to see you in ensemble. Hopefully I'll be able to see you play someone. -crosses fingers-

Have a safe flight and congratulations on Bare!!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Vance said...

Congrats! I caught this past Sat. mat where you were Otto and while I was just moaning about other shows decline because of original cast members being replaced (with less than stelar performers), I relaxed after seeing your performance as it was AMAZING so I'm glad to see Spring Awakening's legacy will be in good hands as more original cast members leave (well, at least your role).

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger SternReviews said...

Safe Travels! Have a great time, and know we all believe in your talent and can't wait to hear the cd the second it's available. See u back in NY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home