Sunday, April 26, 2009

Summer?

Alright.

Where did Spring go?

I'm not ready to jump into this kind of weather yet. Not at all.

91 degrees in April? 91?!?

Clearly I'm not a fan of warm weather. It's really the warm weather in New York that I dislike so much. The city sweats like a greasy armpit. I don't like humidity. And New York City is humid.

Unlike women, I can't sport a summer dress. I watch some of my female friends relax into their lace thin clothing and walk down the street in 91 degree weather saying, 'Oh my god! How could you NOT like this?!' Well, I don't have tissue paper and a thong on.

And I'm pretty sure that the minute god gave me hairy and pale Irish/Italian legs, he wasn't intending on me wearing these new short-shorts I keep seeing everywhere. Seriously, when did hot pants for men make a comeback?

Anyway, that's my rant. I love the freezing cold. Give me that with a light jacket and no gloves over hot weather any day. :)

I've had a great day of rehearsal for a reading I am doing at the Rattlestick theatre. We are performing tonight and I am so happy to be a part of the project. The play is called the Sandreckoner by Dan Dietz and focuses on a boy who may or may not have been invloved in a Columbine-like event. Truly haunting stuff. I am sure we will be seeing a lot from Dan Dietz. His writing is phenomenal.

I also have had the pleasure of working with Tom Caruso again. Tom directed me in my first show in NYC (The Butcherhouse Chronicles). He's a great guy and a wonderful director. It has been fun to reunite after all this time.

I have spent the past 30 minutes trying to deny the fact that it actually is pretty wonderful out right now. I'm writing this on my iPhone at an outdoor cafe. But hey, it 7:00 right now and has dropped 20 degrees.

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger sadie said...

Since I saw that comments were up on your latest entry I wanted to say that this:

"Unlike women, I can't sport a summer dress. I watch some of my female friends relax into their lace thin clothing and walk down the street in 91 degree weather saying, 'Oh my god! How could you NOT like this?!' Well, I don't have tissue paper and a thong on."

made me laugh a RIDICULOUS amount. I don't know why it struck me as hilarious, but it did. And I think I read it to everyone I know. Because it's true, I'm definitely guilty of the tissue paper dress thing. But not so much the other part...

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger David Brothers said...

Some things should not have "comebacks"... short shorts for men is one of them. I'll stick with my Bermudas thanks. And from someone who's 20-25 pounds overweight... they can keep their skinny jeans too! I'd look like a potato on toothpicks. I'm still an all summer boy though. I hate the cold.

PS. Thanks for enabling the comments.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger ATUgirl said...

I, like Sadie, was quite amused by that quote, whether it was the wording or the fact that its kind of true

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger TBenj said...

oh great...im going to NYC this summer.
i have never been there before and i am coming with my choir and drama class.
i HATE the heat...
this is going to be interesting...

haha LOVE the funny quote about the dress and thong tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home