Friday, February 20, 2009

Bare and Defying Inequality


Look, I'm not one to enjoy the heat of a New York summer...but it's time for this cold weather to come to an end. Mainly because we're now getting to the stage where it's 50 degrees one day and then back down to 20 degrees the next. It's annoying.

So, I got sick. Really sick.

Because I'm stubborn and like to believe that it's all the fault of one man I passed on the street...I'm going to believe that it really was his fault. I hate you random-coughing-man.

Luckily, I can feel it breaking, but it's a warzone in my head and chest right now. I hope enough of it clears for the Bare reading on Tuesday.

Speaking of the Bare reading. I have just been informed that James Snyder will now be playing Jason!

While I hear wonderful things about Scott Porter and was very excited to meet him...I'm so thrilled to be working with James again. He's extremely talented and a great guy.

It will be a fun concert to be a part of and I hope that it influences the producers who are invited. This is a special piece and it shouldn't be ignored.

I'm looking forward to a busy upcoming week. I have some potentially interesting news on the horizon. But don't quote me on that because things change day to day.

Err...I did just put that in writing. So, what the hell? Quote away.

One positive thing about the show ending January 18th is that it happened right at the start of pilot season. I have been staying busy despite the fact that I'm not doing the show 8 times a week. I will most likely be involved with something in the late summer/fall so it's just been about keeping myself occupied for the time being.

And in shape.

It's no secret I'm a skinny guy. I was asked to gain weight for Spring Awakening during my time there, especially while I was understudying Groff. No one would believe it, but prior to being cast, I weighed about 20 pounds lighter. Since the show has ended, I've remained in the gym, but I haven't been running around for two hours 8 times a week any more.

Our cast experienced a funny moment this past wednesday when we were rehearsing for "Defying Inequality." We are performing a new take on "Totally Fucked." (Don't worry...it's not "Totally Stuck.") We all found our old tracks and started jumping around again all excited...and then nearly collapsed from exhaustion. When you don't do it 8 times a week it really is a bitch. To think that we did that twice on closing night makes me realized just how in tune our bodies were with the show. Remember...Blake and I had a quiet seduction scene immediately following that...thank god everybody clapped for so long or we wouldn't have been able to speak.

Anyway...you should come see the benefit at the Gershwin on Monday night. There are a ton of shows/stars involved and it's really going to be an incredible night. We saw some of the other groups rehearse and there are going to be some stunning performances. Plus, a great deal of original and replacement cast members from Spring Awakening are involved in our little number.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Sebonga said...

Oh my God, you did a reading of Bare with James Snyder?! I discovered that show about four months ago and it is SO one of my favorites!! I wish I could have seen you two . . .

By the way, I watched clips of Gossip Girl on YouTube when I heard you were on it. <3Jonathan and Eric . . . such a cute couple :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home