Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day Update.

So I woke up this morning to a slight tickle in my throat that is just really pissing me off.

I was walking on the street yesterday and a man in front of me had the most awful cough. You know...the kind that sounds like a fog horn while simultaneously releasing the most ungodly amount of phlegm.

I thought:

1.) gross.

2.) If I catch that I'll kill him.

3.) Hope he feels better, that must suck. (I didn't really think this, but it makes me sound nicer.)

I would prefer not to get sick right now. And I definitely don't want what that guy had. He looked like he was gonna pass out on the street.

I would like to stay healthy this week mainly because of this.

Broadway Wold Article


Unfortunately, I am doing something in New York while this project mounts later this year. However, I'm thrilled to have the chance to sing that music again in such good company.

I have to admit, Bare seems like a little dream sometimes. It all happened so quickly. I was given a couple weeks to learn all the (over 20 songs) material, and then 4 days to record. We threw it together in the studio with a lot of love and an incredible production team. I was reading most of the scripted lines off the page for the first time, alone in the booth, as they weren't sure if they were going to make the recording anyway.......they did. Apart from the song "Bare", and what the editing on the DVD suggests, we did not record with each other. It was a very intimate experience focused solely on the singing. I'm so thrilled the album came together as well as it did. Sometimes, it's downright epic (Epiphany) and I am floored by the skills of our production team. Deborah and Casey...you are gods. I haven't listened to it since it was first released (rest assured, I don't skip around my apartment listening to 'Role of a Lifetime') and I'm just now getting back into the material and the album because of next tuesday. I had almost forgotten what a masterpiece the show is. I am sure the San Francisco production is going to be phenomenal. Bare deserves a solid commercial production.

I've just decided I'm gonna give Eric Hutchinson a little shout out. It's great pop music. It's something I would have been addicted to in high school...which just makes me smile.

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Sebonga said...

<3Bare<3

You mentioned "Epiphany" and "Role" . . . Epiphany is one of my absolute favorites, and whenever I listen to "Role", I want to cry. It is THAT good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home