Wednesday, February 04, 2009

New York, New York


So many people have asked me lately why I haven't made a decision to move to LA during pilot season. For a young, professional actor, it's very typical to pack up for a few months and head out to cattle call land.

I plan to do no such thing.

While I would have no objection to moving there for a specific project or job and think that the industry in LA is magnificent...It's just not my town.

New York, however, is.

I have been auditioning here like a mad man as well. I love the access to both Film and Theatre in New York. There is a really exciting buzz in the city lately as more and more television begins to shoot here. It's no longer a city strictly for theatre, and that becomes more apparent every season. I have just recently shot another brief appearance on Gossip Girl, and I love just hopping on the subway to get to the studio. While I miss driving every now and then, a 15 minute ride to a major television studio just can't be beat.

There is a rich community in Manhattan that is hard to find in other cities. There is nothing better than walking a few blocks to your favorite bar, or traveling 10 minutes to meet your friends downtown. I love the culture here and I always tell people that New Yorkers aren't rude, they just like to get things done. If I'm not staying busy I lose my mind. While I may be currently out of a steady job, living in the city has kept me more than sane.

I have a couple options coming up for the summer and fall and I'm getting excited. Obviously it's the thick of Pilot season and anything could come up over the next couple of months, but I'm happy to know that there are a couple other things in the work.

It probably won't be for a while, but once I can announce anything on here, I will.

I couldn't possibly be more excited for spring...because IT'S FREEZING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home