Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kickstarter


You all are amazing.

I've been running around like a mad man today and now that I finally have the chance to sit down and write my blog entry about this, I almost don't need to!

This morning at about 11:00 am, I launched my very own Kickstarter campaign to raise money for an EP that I want to create this Fall. I have been considering using the site since this spring. The recent successes that my friends Everette Bradley, Brian Lowdermilk, and Kait Kerrigan found with Kickstarter really inspired me to make it happen for myself.

It's going INCREDIBLY well. It's been a matter of hours and I'm currently at $4,750. My goal is to raise $8,500 dollars in 30 days.

Check out the campaign here!

Please know that I am so grateful for all of the support. Big or small, every contribution means SO much to me. I cannot express that enough. This was our best option for funding the EP and I'm actually really happy we're going about it this way. To know that all of you will be involved with the creation of this EP makes it all so much more special. I'm beyond thrilled.

Here is what the Kickstarter page says about the project:

"I have always wanted to record an EP and the time is finally right!

We are calling this EP exactly what it stands for, "Extended Play." I have written a slew of original songs and have numerous covers that I am dying to record and release. Since making an album costs A LOT of money, I'm in need of a little help to put this all together.

Inspired by my musical heroes, the EP will be an irresistible mix of Soul and Pop. I'm working with some of the best writers, mixers, arrangers, and musicians in New York City to make this all come together perfectly. The goal is $8,500, which may sound crazy, but every cent of the money that is pledged here will go towards making these tracks receive the production and care that they deserve.

People always ask me if I'm ever going to make an album. The answer is finally YES! I cannot wait to get these songs out of my head, off the page, and into your iPods. If we reach our goal, we will start production immediately and make that happen!"

Thank you again everyone. So excited.

11 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could donate. But I have no money D: Good luck, though!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As college goes, I need every scrap of money I can get, but I believe in you and what you're doing here and just could not help but pledge :) That was awfully cheesy, but looking at the current numbers, you're well on your way! Good luck and I can't wait to hear what you have in store (literally)!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Glenndl said...

"If we reach our goal, we will start production immediately and make that happen!"

That might happen sooner than expected!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Can't wait!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger ErinR said...

Congrats Matt on the amazing donations! Can't wait for the EP. I have been a fan since I saw you as Melchior in Toronto. Best of luck with your career. Your success so far is very well deserved.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LIKE :D

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Matt... you're such an amazing person with so much talent. If I had 5,000$ I wouldn't think twice about giving them to you, but as it is, I'll have to make do with 5$ =P the best of luck, you deserve it!

Can't wait for EP to be released :)!

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt...I'm wondering if you are aware of how amazing you are?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Over 20,000! Congrats, Matt!

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New blog please!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger miks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home