Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Past Month

The past month hit me like a ton of bricks. While we all knew that the closing of our show was on the horizon, it was still a devastating blow to the current and past company of the show. On top of that I jumped into a very unexpected move to a new apartment. Moving sucks, but when there is a leak in your apartment that is so bad it's coming through the fuse box...sometimes you just have to.

I know people want me to talk about the closing and honestly, there is just not much to say at this point. Spring Awakening has had a beautiful run. I feel honored that I was able to be a part of it during it's Tony Award season and I feel just as honored to be apart of the show today. There are many elements that have caused the ticket sales to have slumped a bit. Let me remind everyone we are hardly a family friendly show. When people want to spend hundreds of dollars to go out with the kids and see a show...they tend to gear towards things that are a bit more "Disney."

I truly believe that the current company is not one to miss. I am very proud to share the stage with my current cast memers every night. Every one in the company has created their own takes on all of the roles, even in the face of aversion from the original company's die hard fans. The production has taken on a new life, rather than remaining a cookie cutter version of itself. Something our producers adamantly tried to avoid.

I'm sure that closing night will be an incredible experience for everyone. Spring Awakening has had a magnificent and historical run. No one could have possibly imagined it would have gone as far as it has. Everyone involved feels blessed to have been a part of such a special show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home