Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Don't Feel Like Dancin'...okay!?


I was genuinely delighted about something today...I have a UK bank account. That may sound completely useless to some...But when the new Scissor Sisters single is released in the UK only and you can buy it on UK iTunes as of satuday July 29th, a UK bank account is a very useful thing to have. The song is called "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" and is co-written by Elton John. Glam rock, exciting, fun...what more could you ask for?

I have a genuine love for the Scissor Sisters on a very basic level: they love what they do and you can hear that energy in every one of their songs. Their music is so far from what I would typically listen to (just look at my music list in my profile) but they've hit the right spot in my heart

I live and breath music...it is such an important part of my life. I listen to whatever moves me. When I can hear the heart and soul of the musician, I'm satisfied. I grew up worshiping Sam Cooke, Ella Fitzgerald and Queen (odd mix...yes) because the music they created came from a deeper, richer, and more soulful place. I admire innovation, poetry, and technical skill...but all of these things can be gently pushed aside if the artist can express something so much more important...their heart.

Wow that was cheesy. Well I mean it. I'm in dire need of seeing a concert. I'm off to ticketmaster.com to see if any of my favorites are coming to New York soon...

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger M. Alice said...

My friend knows Scott Hoffman from back in the day. He used to do film production or something...

Music heavily influences my work. My plays are threaded with music references. It's more than just lyrics. It's the soul of a good song. It gets into your bones.

Shall I be the only one commenting on this blog? Would that be sadder for you or for me?

(Hint: ME.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home